Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Eliminate debt - Shred Your Credit Cards

Credit card is one of ways of people accumulating huge debt due to its late payment fees and huge interest on the balance. The debt interest rate is between 18-24% for some major banks.

THIS IS IMPORTANT!
I’m not saying you should cancel your account and shred your cards; I’m simply saying shred the cards. It hurts your credit score every time you cancel a card, but that doesn’t mean you can’t shred them and make them useless. The idea here is to burn the bridges for you to be able to accumulate debt from using your credit cards. Opt to pay with cash. This way you will feel the pinch of having to hand over cash.

The same principle lies in card you have stored on websites, virtually
“shred” the cards, by deleting them from your accounts at web stores. Make it so
that no matter what you try, you can NEVER recover that card number.

Don’t stop paying them, that might sound stupid but I have a friend who
though “The card doesn’t physically exist, I no longer owe them money” this is
obviously false, you still owe them. Keep paying it as you would regularly. Otherwise your debt will only get bigger due to the late payments and interest. The other method you'd like to try is to get a lower interest monthly payment from a Debt consolidation company.

No comments:

Post a Comment